Thursday, March 2, 2017

An Awesome Thing To Do

Last Sunday night we fed the sister missionaries.

My kids were absolute maniacs the entire time. THE ENTIRE TIME.

After dinner they shared with us a message about service. They spoke of our Savior, Jesus Christ and how he was always, always, doing service for others.

The missionaries asked my babes if they have done any service recently that they wanted to share. Fortunately, they had.

And then in classic missionary form, they extended us a challenge. They asked us if we would pray for opportunities to serve others around us and be willing to share some things, that hopefully will happen, with them the next time we have them over.

Last night an opportunity presented itself.

At dance, I started chatting with one of Afton's friend's mom.  Her daughter is an absolute doll, and I'm thrilled my girl found her. She needed someone to help take her daughter to school. Simple. We could do that.

I didn't even think about the missionaries challenge at all. But, while talking about it with my girl, after all the crazy little girl giggles and excitement had worn down she said, "Mom, this is the service opportunity that we are praying for as a family. And this just so happens to be an awesome thing to do, too. I love how Heavenly Father answers our prayers."

No comments:

Post a Comment