Monday, February 23, 2015

Fishers of Men FHE

We have been talking about Jesus' disciples in Sunday School. I enjoy the 5-10 minutes I actually get to hear each Sunday. Baby girl's nap schedule has not allowed for a full lesson to be participated in by me so far this year.  

What I have heard, I have really enjoyed, and it has made me ponder. Could/would I have been so faithful to walk away from my livelihood, a fisher of actual fish, to follow some dude who just shows up and says, "Follow Me, and I Will Make You Fishers of Men?" 

I hope the answer would be, yes, I am that faithful. Yes, I am that humble. Yes, I am able to recognize my Savior, as opposed to just some dude walking on a beach. But I fear, I lack in many ways. Let me reword that, I KNOW I LACK IN MANY WAYS.

I want my children to know that I want to be and strive to be a follower of Jesus Christ. I want them to know that there are blessings, along with, struggles in doing so. I want them to gain a testimony for themselves of our Savior's love and to be able to say that they are also true followers of Him. 



Tonight for FHE, we sang along with MO TAB baby. "Come, Follow Me"

Then we watched this little video. Jack kept asking, "How come those fisher dudes aren't catching any fish? ... What's wrong with them? ... I think it's because they were supposed to be catching something else, huh?"


We talked about how we can help be a Fisher of Men. We can be an example for others around us. We can invite friends to church to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We can do service for those in need. 

We can show love to all, "especially those who make us super frustrated because they cut in front of us in line at school. I try to be nice to Morgan mom, but it's really hard (Jack)."


We can help others by preparing a simple FHE for them, just in case a family is having a hectic week, like moving - The Williams family. 


We can all be Fishers of Men and true Followers of Jesus Christ. 

I hope that my babies know that I have a testimony. It is a simple one. I love my Savior, and I know He loves me. I know THIS church is true, and if we strive to live like our Savior, we can be with HIM again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment