Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The GOLDEN Child

Now I am not saying that she is my favorite child because that would be a terrible thing for a mother to say. Just horrible.

But, I am merely predicting her future. I know that her big sister and big brother will refer to their sweet, angelic, adorable little sister as, "The GOLDEN Child," on more than one occasion. It is because they will feel that they have had such a hard life, full of rules and responsibilities, and Jocelyn, as the baby of the family will be free from this harsh treatment (Which is NOT true). I have seen it is in many families, where the older children feel as though the baby gets away with everything. Especially in my Sugar's case, as being the baby of 9. His siblings regularly comment on how he could get away with anything. However, he was NO golden child, from all of the stories that I have heard. (Love you Husband, but you were naughty.)

But my Jocelyn girl, well she has the potential. She could win the title outright if she keeps up with her sweet demeanor and loving ways. I can't believe she will be ONE in just a few days.

This photo shoot was a lot of fun. Ashley Tasker is an amazing photographer, and she indulged me with all these crazy gold props! So glad she captured these images for me! Thank you Ashley!

Her crunchy face - 
a face that maybe only a mother can love, since it resembles CHUCKY a little too much. :)

Generally, this baby is a happy child. Usually smiling and content, especially if mommy is in the same room. But on this morning, she was grumpy. Like extra grumpy. We had to take many breaks to make her smile. AND even then, it only lasted for a minute.

I loved all of these!
Not happy - but at least it kind of looks like she's smiling.
So this was fun. While it lasted. I propped her up on this golden pot. She had to balance, because her little legs weren't quite long enough. Which, was fine because I was right there to catch her.
Then we moved the letters forward because they were back too far in the shot. 
Now, they were perfect.
Until, she fell forward, and I wasn't as lighting quick as I thought I would be. 
I didn't catch her. 
She busted her mouth on the O. 
Teeth bumped. Gums bleeding. 
Poor baby girl. 
So my already grumpy girl, was now even worst!
She perked up for a minute here and there.
And THEN I figured out why she was so grumpy. 
She was starving. 
It was 10:30, and she hadn't eaten since 6:30. 
Poor thing just needed food. 
So we decided to move on to the cake smash pictures. 
The rest of the shoot went SO well.
She removed the candle carefully...
and then grabbed a tiny bite!
Then another bite.
She was reserved at first, but it didn't last long.
Her manners went out the window, and I realized it was probably genius to starve my sweet girl. Because if I hadn't, then Ashley may not have been able to get this great shot. 
AND so many other great shots of my baby loving her first cake. 
Nothing Bundt Cake - White Chocolate Raspberry - DELICIOUS!

This same cake will be purchased again - since she loved it so much. 
Then again, she would love any kind of cake, but these are just so pretty.

My baby girl is not the GOLDEN child, but I'd say definitely AS GOOD AS GOLD!

















No comments:

Post a Comment