Tuesday, March 17, 2015

LUCK? Or SUCK?

Wake up to a little girl excited about green arrows that are ALL over the house with messages in gold written on them. She's eager to read them so she wakes up her brother and begins to follow the trail.
Reading each arrow, she is growing more and more excited, along with her brother. They think that this a pretty fun and I'm just filming away loving hearing her reading and their cute chatter. LUCK!
They find the pots of treasure out in our garage fridge!
You would think this was a LUCK situation, however as Afton looks at her pot, for 15.2 seconds, she says, "It's ALL green. Where is the gold?"
Of course, things quickly turned from a LUCK to SUCK situation.
Jack however enjoys finding all the fun green treats the leprechaun left for him in his pot. No attitude or sass with him. LUCK!
Then Afton says, "We know it's YOU mom. There weren't any creepy little dudes in our house." Her excitement for this fun day just keeps turning up the SUCK factor.
The morning continues, and we eat yummy green pancakes.
LUCK, because mommy is THE absolute worst at making breakfast on busy mornings, so something other than cereal is always a bonus. Judge all you want!
I attempted at a shamrock. "Ummm, what's that mom? I don't think it's what you want it to be, but I'll just close my eyes and pretend. Better luck next time." Thank you Jack!
Well said, but SUCK! Ugh!
"It's just a blob mom." Thank you Afton. Ugh again. SUCK! (She's freaking lucky to STILL be alive on this lucky day, stinker!)
All three kids dressed and ready to go in their new green gear with time to spare! So let's go take a picture. LUCK!
We walk down to our neighbor's luscious green grass and find the perfect spot to snap a quick pic. LUCK!
However, in a span of three minutes I hear, "It's TOO bright! My eyes hurt. The grass itches. I wish that we could have a green bench or something maybe even gold. That'd be way better huh mom? Why are we doing this? Are you done? My eyes hurt from the super bright sun. Ahhhhhhh dadadadada! (Baby shaking head NO followed by more whining and squealing.) My eyes are burning out of my head. I'm blind forever and my butt itches." SUCK!
I give up torturing them (and MOSTLY myself) to return to our house. But then I think stupidly to myself, "It's only been a few minutes, so let's just try a few pictures in front of our house NOT on the green grass. We still have time."
STILL no LUCK really, with ALL three children at least, but oh well. They make me laugh when I look at them.
Later on that day, I get to help out at my girl's school. I miss being in the classroom, so any chance I get is always appreciated.
The kids made pistachio pudding, shamrock shakes, and graphed Lucky Charms. Jack even got to participate. LUCK!
The rest of the evening was fine. We enjoyed a traditional Irish meal at Cafe Rio, GREEN Chile Beef Burrito Enchilada style with GREEN sauce! Ha! Okay, not so traditional, but there was a lot of green! We used our buy one get one free coupon so that's definitely LUCK!
Bike riding, baths, scriptures, and our chapter book - The Wizard of Oz, prayers then bedtime all with daddy home.
A good ending to our day of LUCK mixed a few moments of SUCK!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment