Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sk8ter Boi

Dear Jack,

Although your shirt may only be the request of your loving mother, please know that you really don't want to grow up too fast. You talk regularly about "when I am big like daddy..." and it makes me smile because you have BIG dreams, but stay little my boy for as long as you can.

Stay sweet, still wanting to hold my hand. Stay loving, telling me "Sweet dreams and I love you Mommy" as I tuck you in each night. Stay innocent, batting those lashes to get you out of anything. Stay kind, rushing to the aid of your baby sister whenever she makes a sound. Stay carefree, rocking a cape, cowboy boots, and a soccer uniform all in the same outfit. Stay hopeful, believing the good in everyone you meet. Stay faithful, remembering that you are a child of God. Stay strong and brave, like Captain America and Ironman. Stay funny, making silly faces and singing your own made up songs. Stay smart, "Just like daddy." But most important, stay my little Sk8ter boi forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment