Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Priority MALE Baby Shower

We had a sweet little couple move into our ward and she was just over 7 months pregnant. I remember how hard it was moving into a new ward, but it's especially hard when you are going to be experiencing another major change in your life, like having a baby! (I know because THIS happened when we were pregnant with Jack!)

I wanted to throw her a shower, since this was her first baby, and to help the little ladies in our ward get to know her better. Due to scheduling issues, we didn't get the shower date selected until after he arrived. Which was fine because then we would get to see the cute little guy, and he sure was cute.

Since he was such a SPECIAL DELIVERY, I thought about this cute theme while waiting in line to buy stamps at the United States Postal Office. 

And I must admit, this was so much fun to put together.


Made these fun invites and ALL the "Priority MALE" tags using picmonkey.com
I LOVE that site! Totally free! 


I put quotes on parenthood and other great advice from wise people on these tags. I then asked the sweet little ladies of our ward to write down some of their own personal advice from their own experiences as a mother, grandmother, aunt, etc. I encouraged her to take these notes and make her own little scrapbook. Hopefully she does. :)




I ordered a few boxes, 4 different sizes on USPS website to use as decor. However, I did NOT read the fine print that said "10 per order" or WHATEVER the crap it said. So... I had 40 different sized boxes that arrived on my doorstep. Oooooooooooops! (See them in the corner - They served a great party favors when the guests left. HA!)  

But really, I returned EVERY box back to the USPS, just with a few little pieces of tape on them - but practically brand new! The postal worker thanked me for bringing them back - TRUE story!

Fun decorations! 
I used what I had from my 4th of July stuff and the USPS boxes! 
The onesies were part of her gift from me, so really the decor was practically FREE! 
Gotta love that!

Landon -  PRIORITY MALE indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment