Monday, March 23, 2015

This CHICK is SIX!

A few months ago , I asked my girl what she wanted for her birthday party. Afton quickly responded, "A costume party."

Okay. Here you go sweet girl!

The Invites!

The PARTY favors!

The Decor!
The best thing about the decor was that most of it (besides the masks from the dollar store and balloons), was just stuff we already had around the house. Many of the costumes have been donated to my girl from friends who have outgrown them so that is why we have so many! Cheap and easy way to decorate for a party, but still so much fun.

The food!
I can never get good pictures of this setting because of the lighting, but I thought it turned out cute. Just use your imagination!
Jocelyn was supposed to be a minion, but I gave her overalls away on accident in my rush to get rid of old baby clothes. Oops!
She was a last minute butterfly instead.
Daddy was supposed to be a dentist, but he was too cool for school to put on a costume (until the actual party was over).
I was a zookeeper. 
Jack was Captain America.
Afton was Elsa, so  "Flurryless Olaf" was her supporting costume food. 
Cousin cowboy Andrew building an Olaf.
Her cake.
I tried to turn it into a 6! 
Oh well.
You get the point.

The games!
I love melonheadz illustrations because they are so simple and cute. I used these to create a "Build a Costume" game.



The kids had to spin the wheel to build from one of these 6 different costumes. 
(Don't worry. No USPS boxes were harmed in this game and all boxes will be broken down and returned, just like new to my nearest post office! I promise!)
Cheer leader, fire fighter, 
mermaid, football player, Batman, 
and robot.

To be honest, I thought the kids would really like this game. HOWEVER, it was NOT as captivating as I envisioned in my mind. They stuck around for their turn only, then quickly ran to the bounce house or trampoline. My little cousin Noah, said "I like the game when we get to throw darts at balloons A LOT better than this one!" 
Noted. Thank you for your honestly little dude! :)

The rest of the Celebration!
She was so spoiled by all of her friends and family!
Some of the best gifts were, "A real live fish - like a real one, a skateboard, knee pads, pens, paints, dresses, bathing suits, books, well basically all of it. Oh, and my cool towel thing that has my name on it!"

 The guests' costumes!

 Our costumes!
Zookeeper and Elsa
 Dentist Westra and Captain America
Baby butterfly Jocelyn with her baby posse!


Bam! Costume party!

Happy birthday to the best 6 year old, 
best first child, 
best big girl, 
best sister, 
best Afton girl in the whole world! 

I hope you had a good time at your party my girl.  
We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment