Thursday, February 5, 2015

Turtle Power!

Jack picked out this book at Afton's book fair this morning. We have read it maybe, hmmm, close to, I'm just rounding here, 1,000 times since 8:23 am.

He was reading it on his own in the car, meaning looking at the pictures, and retelling the story from what he remembered me reading earlier. He was doing great and then he discovered the stickers in the back.

"THIS is the coolest book EVER! Now I can read, AND have sweet stickers too."

So I told him I would draw him a city on some paper and he could put the stickers on there, and make it look like a ninja fight. He was stoked.

So I did. But then I figured I could add a little more to it. I wanted him to continue practice reading, and sight words are his new challenge.

I grabbed some labels and wrote some simple sentences. Many of the words were from the book, so that was even more exposure.

He was reading with ease I, am, and him. He even did great at sounding out words like smack, kick, and hit.

Since he did such a great job, we got to eat some leftover pizza and watch a Ninja Turtle show. 

TURTLE POWER!


No comments:

Post a Comment