Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Field Day - Without AWARDS

Jack remembered what Afton did at her field day in preschool last year. Well, he remembered one event, basketball. So he could not wait to participate in his this morning. He was very cute, as we drove to school.

"I bet that I will win all of the games, and if I don't, That is okay. I won't freak out, but I know I will do pretty freaking good."

Afton added, "Well, Jack, I hope so. Last year I got an award. You better get one too."

"Oh, you know I will Afton!"


Jack had high hopes for this Field Day. 

When he walked out onto the field to see what events were there for him to conquer, he did not see a basketball hoop. He saw 4 other events, that were "Totally awesome. I wish there was basketball, but it's okay. I'll just try my best."

This freaking kid. I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!

And he did try his best!


"Crazy Racquetball balance game" - named by Jack
"Soccer baby!"
"Some silly toss a bean bag thing."
"This was kind of like basketball, except not. I had to use a tiny tennis ball. But I did make it into one bucket and it bounced out into the other bucket. It was worth like double, triple points!"
Jocelyn was his biggest fan, only slightly beating me out for the title.
His best buddy Cibrian and other dude, Max. 

This gnarly bunch was just half of Jack's class - the other crew was busy doing their own events. 
Can you imagine having this many Preschoolers? NO THANK YOU!
Since there are so many, I think that they forgot to do awards this year.
(Which is fine with me, but I was nervous for my boy.)

Later that night, when talking with Afton, Jack was so excited to tell her about his special Field day. He smiled and explained all the events with great detail. Fortunately, he didn't even mention that he didn't get an award, and thankfully, she didn't bring it up. 








No comments:

Post a Comment