Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Promise of Donuts

My sugar checked the tide schedule. He told me when to get there.

I tried my best.

Left his hotel room a complete disaster which was extremely hard for my OCD self.

I promised my kids donuts if we skipped breakfast then, and hurried to play at the tide pools. They love donuts as much as I do, so they obliged.

We got there only to find we were too late.

All the "squishee ooeey gooeys," that I told Jocelyn we'd get to play with were already covered with the cold waves.


"What? Where is dem ooeey gooeys Momma? Day is hiding in that water? Ugh. Them is the worst."


And they could really care less about the beautiful scenery. 

Fortunately the washed up dead seal, a tiny crab, skipping rocks and the promise of donuts helped them get over the hangry feelings they had towards me. 

Brown mound in the middle is the sad dead seal. 
That's as close as I'd let them get. 
Jack was disappointed.
"I could save his life. I'm going to be a marine biologist."



The Promise of Donuts

No comments:

Post a Comment