Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Little Ladies Lunch

I won't have many years of birthday parties left for my sweet firstborn. "How is this possible?" I say to myself as I'm writing this blog post, tearing up a bit.

This being her 8th though, I wanted the big celebration not to be so much for her birthday, but for her baptism instead. Despite my best efforts, a mariachi band won't be attending the baptism, and you and I both know it's not a real celebration unless there is a group of guys singing loudly in big hats and sequined matching outfits.

So we did a LITTLE LADIES LUNCH instead of a big party. She invited a few of her closest friends to the fanciest place that Yucca Valley has to offer, Applebee's. (Kind of sad.) And that was that. No frantically cleaning my house, no party favors, no decorations, no themed food and cake. Just a bunch of good friends making my girl feel loved because she's absolutely amazing and deserving.

I didn't have to plan any games, but this little, "Let's see who can touch their tongue to their nose" activity was pretty funny to watch.


My girl ordered a steak and garlic mashed potatoes. Expensive taste already. 

Sundaes all around!
These 3 are in Hip Hop together so why not practice their dance while waiting to be picked up by their parents in the front entry way of the restaurant.
Thanks Grandma Joy for helping be the adult supervision with this crazy group of girls.


Her birthday present was a huge hit!


My Afton Joy, thanks for making me a mommy 8 years ago. I will never forget the instant amount of love and terror I felt that day, hoping to always be the best mommy that you deserve. You have made me proud everyday since and I can't wait to see what your future holds. You amaze me constantly and could not be more proud of the girl that you are currently and what you will become. There has always been something special about you and I am honored to be a little part of your amazing life. I am forever grateful for that. I love you more than you will ever know.
Happy birthday my sweet first baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment