Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Importance of a Thank You Card

My girl has seen me write countless number of thank you cards for birthdays, baby showers, and really, just because. My mom taught me the importance of a thank you card at a young age and I'm grateful to her for that. It's a practice that has become less and less common now a days, I've noticed when talking with others over the years.
Afton told me this morning, 30 seconds before we were about to leave for preschool, that she needed to write her teachers a "very special note, now." I told her that we could do it after we got home in the afternoon. Clearly, it was NOT a good time to do it. Honestly, 30 seconds.
I didn't know why we were writing them notes, but she explained, "Mom, we only have a few classes left with them. They need to know that I'm thankful for them."
I teared up. I'm not going to lie. I totally got emotional. 

1 comment: