Thursday, July 10, 2014

Happy 4th Month

You know what would be nice? It would be nice if my super cute smiley little baby would laugh.  Just laugh. Giggle. Chuckle. Something that remotely could be compared to a laugh, but no. Nothing yet.


I've tried so many things just to hear that sweet, cute, little baby laugh from this sweet girl. I tickle her tummy, toes, and chubby little legs. Nothing. I whisper softly in her ear with my lips just barely touching her. Nothing. I sing silly songs; I make funny faces; I give her zerberts (I think that is what they're called) on her tummy. Nothing.  I fly her through the air, bounce her on my legs, and even put on Pitch Perfect. NOTHING! Argh. No laughs.

But what I have seen from this sweet little girl is her face light up when I walk into her view. She follows us whenever we leave with a look on her face that makes you feel like she's thinking, "Please don't leave me. You're breaking my heart." It in turn, breaks our hearts and we go pick her up to LOVE on her.

I've seen her roll over from her tummy two times, only. Grandma Jones has seen it more. :(

I've seen her become more playful and social. She pauses while eating to look up at me then quickly latches back on again. It's like a little game. This happens numerous times during feedings and it makes me laugh every time. Why not her?
Closest picture I could get without giving a scary boob shot! 
(YOU ARE WELCOME!)

I've seen her sit with a puzzled look in her Bumbo not sure of what to do exactly in that thing. "Should I be eating, pooping, reading a newspaper? This is all so new for me."



I've seen her ninja kick her way out of being tightly swaddled in minutes; quite a funny sight. 

I've seen her sleep peacefully through the night, smiling through dreams, and sucking her binkie, with one always on backup just in case it gets lost somehow.

I've seen her find joy in discovering her hands and try continually to eat them, as I think she may have some teeth coming, already. 

I've seen her be proud that she can grab things, like her sister's or my long hair. It seems to bring her pleasure as we pry her little fingers out of our nappy locks.

I've seen her kick her feet and coo with delight anytime she touches water, be it in our sink, tub, pool, or the Pacific Ocean. (Except when Aunt Cindy pulled her under the water! She hated that.)
Don't mind my scary face!

I've seen her brighten her brother and sister's days just by holding on to a little toy they've given her to play with. "Look mom. She's actually playing with me."

I've seen her get bigger and bigger each day, and it makes my heart hurt to know that she will be my last baby. The last one that I'm anxiously awaiting to hear a little laugh from for the very first time.


Happy 4th month my Jocelyn girl. 
We all LOVE you more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment