Saturday, August 30, 2014

Top 4 for my Favorite 4 Year Old

My boy is 4 years old today. He brings so much joy to our lives on a daily basis. He is such a blessing to our family. I want him to know that I could never love another boy more than I love him (Other than his daddy of course).

In the style of David Letterman's Top 10 list, here are...

  My Top 4 Things That I Love About This 4 Year Old Boy.

4. His laugh. When this little boy gets tickled on the tummy, legs, or feet, it's impossible not to laugh right along with him. His laugh is contagious and genuine. He finds humor in just about everything, even when he's supposed to be serious. He's just a riot.


3. His eyelashes. Honestly, it's NOT fair. We can't go anywhere without some sweet lady commenting on how beautiful, I mean handsome they are. The ladies, especially the old ones love them. I'm sure though that he will melt the heart of many little girls in preschool this year. He melts mine every time he looks up at me and bats those precious, ridiculously long lashes. Sometimes they even help him from having to go into timeout. Sometimes. (I'm not a total pushover.)


2. His personality. This boy is a nut. He is silly. He is wild. He is loud. He is tender. He is thankful. He is all boy. He is continually keeping me on my toes. Everything and anything can be turned into a gun, a playground, or a platform to jump from. It takes me at least 10 tries to get one decent picture that doesn't involve his mouth being wide open, him smirking, or sticking his tongue out at me. He is very adaptable, changing from Batman to Spiderman to a snake to a puppy within a 5 minute period of time. He adores ALL of his stuffed animals and frequently is found snuggled up with one tight in his arms during nap time. He makes the funniest faces when he is trying to show a lot of emotion, especially when he is retelling the events of his wild adventures during the day. He loves to exaggerate, even though he promises that he "Really did see 14 lizards in the backyard while eating ice cream with grandpa last Christmas." His imagination knows no limits, and I LOVE and admire it.

1. His heart. There has never been a time when I have said to him, "I love you boy," and he didn't respond, "I love you too Mommy." (Afton rarely says it, stinker girl, so I know this makes him sweeter.) He is concerned with how daddy's day at school went, how sister slept the night before, and how I'm feeling if I look frustrated. He tells me he misses me when I come down from brushing my teeth, and I've only been gone for a few minutes. He shares with both of his sisters without having to be asked. He wants to make sure that everyone is happy around him. He is quick to hug, forgive, and just give a good snuggle.

It was difficult to narrow things down to my Top 4, because he's such a sweet boy! I want to remember everything about him at this age because he's truly the best. 

Favorite color - Blue
Favorite food - Chicken and pickles
Favorite song - Scripture Power
Favorite animal - Elephant
Favorite book- Arthur's Thanksgiving
Favorite movie - Stellaluna
Favorite person - Jocelyn
Favorite thing to snuggle - Tigey - his Scripture Study Buddy
Favorite thing to play with - Toys and Baby Jocelyn
I'm scared of  - a huge person in my room
What makes you really happy? - Cars and you Mommy
When you grow up you want to be a - Father

Happy birthday Jack boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment