Sunday, August 24, 2014

Recycled Ladybugs

My girl and boy are all about recycling these days. They want to use every piece of everything to "make something special for our (their) collection." It's hard for me to keep this stuff around the house because I want to actually get rid of trash/recyclable materials (like most people do), but my babies are quite creative!

Who am I to stop their creative juices from flowing?

One morning, they wanted to use our egg cartons to make a "Ladybug Bug Feeder." They were going to place their creations in the garden and "allow all of the creatures outside to have food all ready and easy for them to get. It will be like their very own restaurant."

.
Finished products
Had to bring them some lunch later in the day. 
"All healthy stuff mom. Like snap peas, corn, and carrots. Do you think they like fruit snacks?" asked Jack.

I love their excitement for life, creativity, design, and love for all sorts of Heavenly Father's creatures.

They came back to check on them the next day. 

"Jack look. I trained this rolly poley (sp?)."
 Jack says, "Um, but he looks dead." 
"No Jack, he's not dead. I trained him to lay there very still."

No comments:

Post a Comment