Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Christlike Reflection

So I've been planning this FHE ever since Afton came home fom a birthday party talking about how nice this girl is in our ward.

"Ruby is so nice. She just makes everyone feel good. She's just really helpful."

I asked Afton what she thought people would say about her. Would they have the same sort of nice things to say about her, and she laughed and said, probably not. (Which I doubt anyone other than her family would ever say negative things about her, because she's only mean to us... little stinker.)

It made me to start think... I know for sure that people would most definitely probably not have such kind things to say about me. I am sarcastic, dry-humored, and blunt. It caused me to personally reflect a great deal.

And then this FHE came about.

I wanted each family member to create a personal definition by using 3 words to describe themselves.
Helping to write her 3 words

Then, I wanted to have others describe the other family members using only 3 words for each.

And then, we would use those definitions and descriptions to hopefully be similar to a Christlike reflection.

I found a great lesson at mormon.org, bought some mirrors, added an object lesson and thought it would be great.



Turns out, it was hard. My Sugar was struggling, and looking at me like I was crazy with a lesson that made no sense. Then in turn, caused my kids to start to question the lesson and look at me like I was crazy as well.

Daddy frustrated because he didn't think the scripture clues matched the Christlike attributes we were trying to figure out. 
Now Jack crying it's too hard. 
Afton just excited to use her phone in search of the scriptures. 

So, yeah. FHE was supposed to be something like this...

Personal definition = Other's Description = A Christlike Reflection

Whatever, it made sense to me. I think the kids got it in the end. At least they liked that activity of writing on their new mirrors with Sharpies. 

These mirrors spelled out the word "Reflection."
I gave them a starting letter and said to use the clue of a mirror to help.
Jack was frustratingly screaming, "Respectful. Reverence. R Word!"
Eventually they got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment