Monday, December 11, 2017

Sticker Placement

Explain to me why parents let their kids put stickers on walls, furniture, mirrors, or doors?

What is the rationale? I don't get it. It was a pet peeve of mine when I was a teacher when my students would place stickers on desks. Put it on your freaking nametag kid! Or your pencil box! Or any one of the 5 notebooks or folders that are in your desk! 

Clearly, it's still a pet peeve of mine as a parent.

Please help me understand why do parents give the okay for this? It just ruins the walls, furniture, mirrors, or doors.

Or am I just a miserable mom with OCD that doesn't get how this simple little sticky thing can give their children such joy by sticking it on that sort of stuff? Am I just that uptight? (Don't answer that!)

Because guess what... they can stick it on books, journals, their skin, toys, backpacks, shoes, etc. And most importantly, it won't ruin any of those things!

Thanks to the lovely, more kind mom who we bought this house from, I had to remove tons of stickers from closet doors that left a lovely residue that stained the wood. Ugh.

And this dang door was impossible. Impossible!

But, in the end, I think it turned out alright, a little bumpy, but alright. Just confirmed why I'll always be OCD about stickers!

I used one of our favorite books that we used to read when my big kids were really little - picked out some of our favorites. With some mod podge, I think it looks so much better. But, I'm biased about my own work. 
Used one of the poems that seems fitting for living in Washington right up the street from the Puget Sound as decor in our guest bedroom just to tie it all in. 
Tag on the pillow just for you mom. 😂
Our family pictures are not usually all over in this room... But with the upstairs decorated for Christmas, I needed somewhere to stash them. 
Come and stay with us! See the dumb sticker residue on our closet doors upstairs and our fun guest bedroom, that's designed to cover up stupid sticker placement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment