Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Different Styles

Glad when I can help.

Even if it causes me anxiety to see students walking around when the teacher is talking.
Or getting up mid-directions to ask to use the bathroom without raising their hand, 7 minutes after the morning bell just rang from recess. Or not pushing their chair in and almost tripping one of the volunteers there to help. Or having no real plan as to what you want as a final product in terms of their "Math Assignment," because you just thought of it 2 minutes before I walked in the room. Or having no idea where you put anything because organization is a challenge for you.

Honestly though, I have to applaud Afton's teacher. She gives them a lot of freedom and they feel empowered. The kids love her and overall they completed the assignment. It wasn't pretty, or organized, or anything at all compared to what I would have accepted in my classroom. But, that's okay. We all have our own styles and one is not better than the other. The styles are just different. I learned a valuable lesson today. I also learned a few new ways to build a gingerbread house from these cute kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment