Saturday, December 9, 2017

In Her Blood

The girl, well the big girl, came home from school early this week with big news.

"Mom. Mrs. Hansen put the Soaring Eagles in charge of planning our class party today at a lunch meeting. At first everyone just sat there, and so I finally just started talking. I suggested the theme, and everyone loved it. It's 'Winter Wonderland,' like your party. So then I just started asking people if they would bring stuff. My friends had some good ideas too. I assigned people to bring lights for the classroom, another person is in charge of decorations. Nadia is making cookies with her mom, but I'm bringing all the stuff to decorate the cookies. So, I need you to buy it. Okay? It's going to be a great party. Oh, and I told Mrs. Hansen that you can come in to do a craft, a snowman one or something. She knows you're good at that stuff. So, put it on your calendar. Jocy can come too. She'll have fun. I already okayed it with Mrs. Hansen."

At first, I didn't believe that this was all happening, because what teacher gives full reign to a group of 3rd graders for a party??? Plus, I  wanted some confirmation from her teacher before I dropped all kinds of money on that stuff.

I called the teacher. I emailed the teacher. I left a message at the office for the teacher.  No luck hearing from her for days. Finally I heard from her one day after school, in person. "Afton has planned the most wonderful party for our class. I was so impressed with her ideas and ability to delegate. I could really tell it must be in her blood to did this sort of thing. So, can you help out? She said you can and we're excited for your youngest daughter to join us as well."

I was pretty proud. Party planning is definitely in her blood. 


Westra Winter Wonderland planned by her mom, but it met her approval.


Hot Chocolate Bar 
Mild panic attack when you purchase 500 cups and 500 lids, in separate boxes and ask the Costco man if these will work together... and you prepare your whole party for this one treat, only to find out they don't actually fit! UGH!!!!!
Thankfully Winco had something up the street but pretty bummed it didn't match my color scheme. 
Freaking blue and purple. What the heck?



She didn't care one bit that I had just cleaned the table and that soon people would be coming over to eat here. Stinker.


Yeah Yeah - ugly sweaters on 2 cute chicks


Family Game exchange


Another successful party that he helps me throughout!

No comments:

Post a Comment