Sunday, December 17, 2017

No Talking in the Nutcracker

This ballet has no talking, but that didn't stop my babes from whispering quietly throughout it.

Ummm. What duh heck is going on?" ~ Jocelyn

"Is dem ever gonna say something?" ~ Jocelyn

"Are those nice mousies or mean rats?" ~ Jocelyn

"What do yous mean dey is fighting? That's not very nice and I don't even know who is doing what?" ~  Jocelyn

"Oh yeah. I had dis same dream before too." ~ Jocelyn

"Momma. Dat's not a real pup. It's a human dressed up as a pup. Duh!" ~ Jocelyn

"I'm hungry. Did you bring snacks?" ~ Jack

"How long is this?" ~ Jack

"Jack would never ever wear tights like that." Afton says in my left ear, while Jack is saying in my right ear, "I'd never wear tights like that dude."

"Ooooh. I like them the best." ~ Afton

"I can do that. Oh... I can't do that." ~ Afton

"Okay now. He's just showing off." ~ Afton

"Thanks mom and dad." ~ Jack

It was pretty cute to watch their faces as the dancers performed. They were intrigued and engaged the whole time, Jack was just hungry.


And the real fun happened afterwards when they all got a special treat. Meeting the performers, and all of a sudden my kids were too silent to talk to them. At least they willingly to take pictures, so I'm okay that there was now no talking in the Nutcracker.

So thankful for the my girls' ballet teacher, Mrs. Lily, who set this up for us to participate. It was a memorable experience for our family - especially my oldest girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment