Friday, June 30, 2017

Small Town

I've always been a big city girl.

Always known that I couldn't live in a small town.
Too quiet. Too secluded but yet, still too many people that will inevitably know all your business, because there's just not enough people to allow you to be ignored. And I'm not a nice person who wants you to be involved in my business. Too few of restaurant choices or stores that could provide me retail therapy. Just not a small town girl.

But there has been something about this small town we've lived in for the last 11 months. Something about seeing this same barber once a month for my boy. "He always gives me candy and does a nice job on my hair too." Something about the sense of community and nostalgia that comes from living in a small town. Something about the quiet and the people in it. 

I don't mind the quiet. I don't mind the people. I'm trying not to eat out as much and Amazon Prime is a girl's best friend.

I just might be a small town girl afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment