Monday, June 26, 2017

All The Feels

Our friends are moving away this week and we wanted to do a little something for them for FHE. 😢 (Navy life is hard sometimes.)

Afton thought it was, "Something we could do for our summer of service." She was right. 😄

Last night, while trying to figure out what we could do, I remembered seeing these silly emoji cupcake liners at the dollar store a few months ago. And once I had that theme in mind, the wheels were spinning. 🤔 I couldn't sleep thinking of the fun things we could do for them. 😪 The cupcakes would be so easy and cute!

But I had to keep in mind that the dollar store may no longer have the emoji cupcake liners that I had seen a while back. 😮 Because, it had been months since I was there shopping for Jocelyn's party supplies. 👱‍♀️

So, with a prayer in my heart, we headed to the dollar store this morning. 😚 Walked down the party aisle, reminding Jocelyn with each step she took, "No, you're not having another birthday party today. Or next week. Or next Wednesday. We're shopping for our friends, remember."  😂  

But as we walked my worries grew. That entire emoji section was almost depleted. 😣 I searched carefully among the cupcake liners, looking behind all of Frozen ones, TMNT ones, rainbow ones, star ones, and balloon ones. 😯 Frustration was on the horizon.

Thankfully, 🤗 my prayer was answered. I was lucky to find one last package of emoji cupcake liners, or else I may have had a mild panic attack in the aisle. Phew! 😥


The dollar store also now had cute emoji backpacks to go along with the idea of a little care package of activities for their kids to do while the movers are packing and unpacking. 😍


They also had cute emoji Pez candy dispensers to go along with the idea of a treat for them to munch on during their drive. 😁 Good thing their daddy is a dentist with all the treats we were giving.


Tonight for FHE, we delivered our emoji treats and gave hugs. We will miss the Browns but are excited for their new adventures in San Diego. 😋😆😘


No comments:

Post a Comment