Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thang Down, Flip It, and Reverse It

As you can tell from the sign here, I'm a little into hip hop and old school rap. Will Smith was not a regular I grew up with on my tape deck or cd player, but that song Summertime is a classic.

I much preferred Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA - and all that came from the group in their solo careers, 2 Pac, NAS, Notorious B.I.G, and DMX just to name a few. (I listened to what my brother listened to... what the heck was he thinking letting me hear those songs at that age?)

And I know that the great Missy Elliot was talking precisely about school ending and starting summer off with a bang, when she wrote the song "Work It," right?

Thang Down = School is out 
Flip it and Reverse it = Look back at the year and be proud of how far you've come

So join me as they put their thang's down, flip it, and reverse it through their 2016-2017 school year.

We sure will miss Abby.

Field Day
End of year awards
Teacher Appreciation Week
STAR reading - Bowling party
Jack's field trip - The Living Desert - Palm Springs Zoo
International Night
Black Rock Mountain field trip
Spirit Days
Eat Lunch with Your Kid day
 Sweethearts Dance
End of 1st semester awards
Jack's first field trip - Palm Springs Air Museum
Jack earned student of the month for his class.
School Bingo Night
Okee Dokee Brothers field trip
Star Reading Movie night
Color Run
Wear Red Day
Picture Day
College Spirit Day
 Back to School Clothes

Thangs down.
Flipped it. 
Reversed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment