Friday, June 16, 2017

We are so BLESSED.

This post was started, ummmmmm, almost 3 years ago. Clearly I never finished it.

And as I happened to be looking through my blog for something else, I found it.

And it made me sad for a few reasons.

1. Jocelyn is no longer a teeny tiny baby and we will never have teeny tiny baby again.
2. I miss how little Afton and Jack were. They had a love for their baby sister that was so tender and sweet. Now, that tenderness has been replaced mostly by annoyance.
3. I can not understand why I have no actual pictures of just JOCELYN in her beautiful blessing dress. WHAT THE CRAP? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
4. I miss our old courtyard. I miss our old house. I miss the memories our little family made there. I miss Las Vegas.
5. I miss Tanner Barnes. He took these pictures and he is off on his mission like a big boy, no longer annoyed by his aunt for asking him to take our family pictures outside in the hot sun as opposed to sitting in our nice air conditioned home.
6. I am sad that these pictures are so terrible - too much sun, too many shadows, too much whining. I can say this because Tanner Barnes - the very skilled photographer now - would agree with me.
7. I am sad that we don't have pictures of all of our family and friends that were there celebrate our special day for our baby girl.
8. I miss that shirt. I think I got rid of it in one of my frantic states of..."I have too many clothes!!!!"
9. I miss that set of dishes. I sold it when we moved and I really liked it a lot.
10. Overall, just a feeling of sadness, which is silly because truly we are so blessed.

Okay, I am no longer sad. Pity party over.

No comments:

Post a Comment