Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Work Work Work Work Work Work

Afton and Jack always complain about how mean their mom is when it comes to summer break.

"She makes us read everyday. Write everyday. And practice math," Afton explained to the lady at the nail salon as to why she was reading a book in the summer.

Jack added, "It's the worst but I did kind of like being a smart kid in my class."

The lady commented afterwards, "I have never had such grown-up conversations with children before and how you (I) should be very proud."

I assured her that I was extremely proud of my babes.

Today, I reminded my babes that we needed to get started on our summer work because we had been at the beach and neglecting it far too long. It was time to, "Buckle down and do some learning."

Prepared of course of what was to come. I expected a fight. A tantrum. Tears. Rolling of the eyes. Trash talking under their breadth. I expected a lot of angry faces.

But, I was shocked.

Jack went and grabbed his pencil, opened his workbooks and got started. After he had finished 2 pages he asked, "How many do you want me to do?... 4. Okay. And then I'll do my 30 minutes of reading."



I found Afton writing in her journal as she was, "Just waiting for you to bring me my new workbooks mom. Will this journal writing count for my writing today?"



Oh, how I hope my babes keep this up.

Sidenote: I hope Fifth Harmony's song popped in your head as you read the title. If it didn't, we may need to discuss our friendship status.


No comments:

Post a Comment