Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ugh and Oh Crap

I would do just about anything for my boy. I know. It's not fair (and I do love my girls immensely as well), but he is just the sweetest, appreciative, most tender little man that ever walked the earth.
 
A few months back when we started preparing our kids for moving again, they all seemed like they knew what to expect. But, Jack remembered that he would yet again have another birthday without his friends.
 
So, because his big, deep, beautiful brown eyes, with eyelashes I would kill for, looked up at me with a disappointing look (I'm a sucker - I already know), saying something along the lines of, "I'll just miss another birthday without a fun party Mom." Or, "It's okay. I know that I'm just the middle child, so inevitably you can't dote on me like my big or little sister, Mommy." Or, "Maybe next year I'll get to be celebrated like Afton and Jocelyn are EVERY year with family and their friends, right Momma?"
 
I can't exactly remember what the crap he said, but it was enough to pierce my freaking heart. So, to rectify the situation, I told him we would throw a small little gathering with his best buds from school before we move. He was appeased and so was I.
 
And then I forgot.
 
Ugh.
 
2 days before the end of the school year Jack asked, "Mom. Where are my invitations for my party? What kind of party is it so I can tell my friends? Thanks again mom for throwing me a party early."
 
Oh crap.



So glad we were able to throw this together, last minute for my boy! I know that he was appreciative as he told me while looking up at me with his big, deep, beautiful brown eyes and fidget spinner in his hand, "Thanks for my fun party with my friends mommy. I love you so much."



  

No comments:

Post a Comment