Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sniper Sounds Assault

When I had my boy, I was like, "My boy isn't going to play with guns. He's going to play with other toys that are non-violent. Why introduce him to something so violent at such a young age?"

Yeah, sure.

It didn't matter what I thought. He made guns out of anything and everything. His finger. His fork. A stick. His... well, I won't get graphic. He went to his cousins' house and the first toy he went to play with was a gun. He loves going to California and staying in the "Gun House." (A home we stayed at with our good friends that have a little boy with every Nerf GUN EVER made.) Honestly, what little boy do you know that doesn't love to shoot guns? Even big boys, like my Sugar, like playing guns. It's just a natural law. ALL boys make guns out of anything and everything.

So, this game was an automatic (semi automatic) hit - A REAL blast. (Ha ha, pardon the puns.)
A few letters and sounds that we can practice.
First I had Jack help me match the letter to the correct animal that begins with that sound. 
Mm - Monkey. Pp - Penguin.  Ee - Elephant. You get it. 
He did great, but quickly got tired of this because he wanted to use his gun to "SHOOT THESE GUYS!"
One of his sniper stations. 
I was envisioning American Gladiators when I thought of this activity.
There were three different sniper stations to shoot from.

This was A LOT of fun. He had such a good time.
It's amazing what a good preschool teacher can do for my sweet boy. 
He is actually enjoying learning now!

This game was really engaging for my little boy (and would be for even big boys. Heck, even girls too.) I can see this evolving into targets with sight words, numbers, math facts. etc on them. Great way to review any sort of skill!  

Look at that aim!

No comments:

Post a Comment