Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Can I do my letters?"

So, if you know my boy and my daily worries and concerns with my boy, you'll understand why I was shocked to hear this question come out of his mouth today.

(Let me preface by saying that my boy is very smart, but has NEVER showed any interest in learning. At ALL. I've been worried about him, which is extremely silly and ridiculous, because he is only 4, and a boy. BUT I'm silly and ridiculous. I have insane high expectations, and I need to chill. I'm working on that!)

When he asked to work on his letters this morning, I jumped at the opportunity. Literally. I jumped off the chair, and busted out my preschool box! I knew this moment would surely pass by if I hesitated at all.


"Mom, I am going to sort them by color first. What the crap, there is a brown cotton candy (fuzzy ball), but no brown letters. UHHHHHH?"

"OK, Now I will match my letters. Is this a Y?"
"No, it's a W like in WESTRA."
"Oh yeah, I knew that."

"I am getting so stinking good at this."

"I have an idea. I am going to throw these balls at you and Jocelyn. I'll shout out the colors of the balls as I thrown them, that way I am still learning something. Ok, ready?"

"BUTTLOAD of colors. I can't say all of them that fast."

He has learned so much since he has started preschool. His confidence, excitement for learning, and desire to know more makes me ecstatic. I hope I had a little to do with it, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment