Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hug Your Babies

Last night I watched a movie. A very sad, depressing, yet real movie. The Fault in Our Stars, was NOT a movie to watch without your sugar there by your side. I'm very glad that I did not read the book. Really glad.

I'm so very, extremely thankful that my babies and sugar are healthy. They are healthy in every way. 

When I watch movies like that, it makes me think about how many sweet families are affected by cancer daily. (It's pathetic that it takes a movie to make me think about those dear families, I know. I'm embarrassed by that.) It's such a stupid disease. In ALL its forms. I can not imagine how hard it would  be to have someone dear to you to be affected by this horrible disease. I lost my kind Aunt LaRue to cancer when I was very little, so I didn't understand it's enormity. It didn't register to me that she was some one's mom, wife, grandma, sister, and aunt. (Again, I'm embarrassed to say that.)

I'm older. Not wiser. I've seen many people in my life deal with this disease in some way, and it's sometimes had its ups. Sometimes.

That's why, after watching a movie about losing a sweet child or family member due to this, it makes me want to make each and everyday with my babies and sugar even more special, meaningful, and memorable.

I tried to do just that today.

Discovery Children's Museum
Afton's Maleficent Drawing of her Costume
I painted Jack's crow costume for him.

Symphony Park Picnic

Making Sensory Bottles for Jocelyn

Being a Scientist - Exploring & Labeling Nature

Making necklaces and bracelets for her ENTIRE class - 21 students

At General Conference, I remember hearing a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He said,

I need to remind myself of this each and everyday. Our days don't have to include going to all these fun places, eating at fun places, or making fun things. It's just simply giving them time, my time. The time I give to my family is, and should always be a top priority.

At the end of the day, when I tucked Jack in, he said, "Mommy, I had a lot of fun today. I love you." Then I tucked in Afton and she said, "We did a lot of stuff today. Thank you for a fun day. But, I have fun just being with you."


I'm thankful, so very, extremely thankful that my babies are mine and healthy in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment