Tuesday, October 28, 2014

You are BOOtiful.

Afton has a bit of confidence. (You may be laughing to yourself if you know her at all, thinking how sarcastic this sounds.) With all of her sass, it's hard to believe that the above statement is VERY much true. She is NOT at all as confident or self assured as a little girl needs to be during this day and age. Little girls... no little kids can be mean. She is continually worried about what others will think about in her class if she wears a certain outfit, certain shoes, or doesn't do something well.

I need this to stop. Immediately. Jack and I talk with her everyday after school and remind her that she is important, smart, special, and kind. Jack tells her to "be tough like me." I need to be building her up everyday, even more so!

For FHE I decided we needed to talk about what it means to be BOOtiful on the INSIDE and out.

We discussed ways to treat others that will make us feel good inside. We discussed how we feel when we see someone in need, and how we must react - always helping and serving. We discussed how important it is to be proud of ourselves for the good things we do each day. We discussed why we should pray for chances to feel BOOtiful on the INSIDE.

I have been reading the book "Little Girls Can Be Mean." I'm hoping that I can help her be ready to deal with all the negative issues that are on the playground each day. I also pray that she will NEVER be the mean girl. According to her teacher, she isn't, and I'm glad to hear that. "She is always helpful, kind, and sweet. I'm so glad she's joined our class."

I hope that Afton and Jack will always remember to be BOOtiful/handsome on the INSIDE and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment