Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October - A Definite Change from Last Year

October is hands down the best month of the year, in my opinion. It definitely doesn't suck in terms of weather in Las Vegas, in my opinion. It's also the best time of the year because things have settled down in the whole school realm, things seem to be falling into a routine, cuter clothes/layers of clothes are being put on, and overall excitement is in the air for the upcoming holidays that are just around the corner. This is all my opinion of course, but duh. You are reading my blog. Of course it's my opinion.
I remember this special time of year, last year. I remember wanting so badly to enjoy it all, but I couldn't. 
My bed rest had just started and I knew that despite my love for this month, I had to ignore it. I was trying to protect something that would be even more special, in my opinion THAN October. I had to stay down to ensure her safety, health, and overall existence. But it was truly so hard to do, and everyone around me sure didn't make it any easier. Jerks!
I remember looking at people's pictures on Facebook posts and Instagram all outside enjoying the weather. They were at parks, playing with leaves, bundling up with cute scarves and boots. (I wanted them to get leaves stuck in their hair or snag their cute scarves to be ruined forever.) They were enjoying family time together at harvest festivals and orchards, where they just picked beautiful, delicious apples. (I wanted them to choke on an apple, just for a few seconds, not like choke and die, but just choke a little so as to make their beautiful experience, well, a bit drab.) Most of all, I hated, absolutely HATED, seeing pictures of people with their babies picking out pumpkins - everyone all posing for pictures all atop a stack of giant, bright orange pumpkins, wearing coordinating colors to make the perfect family fall memory. (I wanted those people, yes my family and friends, to trip on a pumpkin and then bust their... Ok. I'll stop.)
You get how bitter I was?
Anyhow, now that I'm less... angry/psychotic, and able to be off of my couch, with this beautiful, adorable, happy, irreplaceable, worthwhile, and precious little baby, I'm making sure that I enjoy every bit of October.
I couldn't have spent this first day of October in any other way that would surpass the joy I felt with ALL three of my babies this afternoon.
(I know. G  A  G at how sappy I'm being, but those thoughts I had last October were genuine thoughts. I actually visualized people tripping over pumpkins. I'm trying to show that I'm NOT so crazy anymore.) 
Oh wait, it would have been even better if daddy was there. My bad... we missed you sugar!
Here's to being off the couch and enjoying the fantastic month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment