Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Mom, I have my license."

Today I picked up Afton from school and she quickly informed me, "Mom, I have my license. I'm going to drive the Acadia tomorrow. You can sleep in."

Her kindergarten teacher laughed out loud and said, "Oh my. I am sure you're looking forward to her teenage years. She got her Locomotor License in P.E. today. That means she is ready!"

I laughed. Ms. Higley laughed. Afton was confused. "I really can mom. I got my license."

We traveled down to the park and I wanted her to show me these sweet skills she has in order to get her LICENSE!
Locomotor License
Running, walking, skipping, galloping, leaping, sliding, hopping, and jumping.

"Walking."
"Skipping."
"Leaping."
"Galloping, I think."
"Jumping. I'm pretty graceful, don't you agree?"
"Sliding."
"These really are NOT the proper shoes for these skills. Oh well."
"Running."


I was impressed! But hate to break it to you little girl, you won't be getting the keys to the Acadia tomorrow morning. Nice try!

No comments:

Post a Comment