Monday, September 5, 2016

The LEGO Theme

I'm kind of a crazy party planner. Even before Pinterest was around, I would throw outlandish themed parties, requiring guests to wear certain colors, or participate in some way. I loved every crazy, sleepless planning night, last minute errand-running day, and stressing for at least a month before the actual event.

Ice Cream 1st Birthday

 

His first freaking birthday and I can't find ANY pictures of him eating his adorable ice cream melted cake. Or any other pictures for that matter. I am highly upset about it. UGH!


UP 2nd Birthday


Superhero 3rd Birthday
Pics for his invite

Roar! Jack is FOUR! Birthday


 TMNT 5th Birthday




But this birthday, his 6th, I didn't get to do that. I was sad about it, but most importantly, so was my boy.

Instead of letting him be sad, and me too, I focused on just making everything else "special for him in his world," other than the usual 3-hour special party. I had a lot of help making my boy feel special and I'm super thankful for that.


My mom threw him a little special dinner one night in the very beginning of August just to make him feel special.


Our sweet neighbor Carolina threw him a special dinner with her whole family to celebrate my sweet boy.
We spent the day at the beach, ate a yummy dinner, and had to get a birthday ice cream cone.


He said that he wanted to go to Legoland, so we did. And that was that. He had a fun day, with his family. He got to pick a Lego present at the park. Everywhere we turned, a Lego employee wished him a "Happy Birthday." They even sang it to him on one of the rides over the intercom.  My heart melted - such a special memory. He passed out Lego pencils to his classmates, because cupcakes aren't allowed. He got a Lego chocolate double layered cake, which he requested. He got some Lego toys, along with a gecko that he loves, tremendously, (but that's a another post), some money, a bunk bed (to share with his sister), and a month of celebrating. 29 days to be exact!


In the end, I hope my boy had a special birthday. I missed planning a big themed party for him, but I'm glad I got to see him smile so often, as we celebrated every chance we could. The problem is now, he thinks that the celebrations should just continue.

The day of his actual birthday!

Taco Bell at school and bounce house with friends.

I love my boy and the joy that he brings each day to my life. So glad I get to be his mommy.



Facts About Jack at age 6
Favorite Food - Spaghetti
Favorite Candy - Gummy sharks & gummy bears
Favorite Drink - "Any kind of soda"
Favorite Sport to Play - Soccer
Favorite Game - Shark Fin "You know the one that has the dudes that hurry through the course before the shark comes and eats them. They blow up. You the one I am talking about?"
Favorite Memory - "Can I have two? First, getting a lizard. Second, playing soccer."
When I grow up - "I want to be a marine biologist."
I hope to accomplish - Soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment