Monday, September 26, 2016

Pow Wow What?

Trying to find all kinds of things to see and experience here in the Morongo Valley. Especially the free things.

Just a couple, what we told our babies, but really 40 miles away on the highway was the 26th Annual Morongo Thunder & Lightning Pow Wow. We had never been to a pow wow before, so why not?


Jack asked where we were going, and so I told him. He said, "A pow wow what? Does it have good food? Are we going to buy something?"

Basically, to make Jack happy, you need good food and the option of spending dollar dollar bills, y'all. He reminds me so much of me. 


So, good food - Navajo Fry Bread Taco,

and the option to buy something. 


We didn't end up buying anything from the vendors however. Jack really wanted a sweet arrow, but it just wasn't going to happen for $40. We decided to spend our money on delicious homemade ice cream instead!


The actual Pow Wow was not as much of a hit for my babes as I had hoped.  "It would have been more fun if we didn't have to stand so long while they kept dancing around in circles forever. And the drums and singing weren't so dang loud. But, I did like the colors on their dancing outfits." ~ Afton


"Yeah, the drums were super loud. Like too loud. And my feet hurt." ~ Jack


Jocelyn said her favorite part was, "Ummmmmm, da ice cream. And my mom and dad."


Oh well, we tried. 

Now, they at least know what a pow wow is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment