Wednesday, November 26, 2014

"Are we there yet?"

I heard this question a lot yesterday morning. I told Jack that after we dropped off Afton at school, we would be going back home.

He replied, "To the hotel?"

I said, "No, to our actual home."

Ecstatic, "Sweet! Are we there yet?"

He asked 5 times on the freeway that we have taken twice a day for the last two months. He knows just exactly how long it actually takes us to get home, but he was just so excited that he kept wishing that time would speed up and we'd be there already. "Are we there yet?"

We ALL are wishing time would speed up so we could be back in our home permanently, but oh well. (Patience. I've heard it's a virtue, or some nonsense like that. Ha!)

When we got HOME, he wanted to "Watch a Flash, poop in my own potty, then do an activity. Oh, and eat some candy too."

So, we did those things.

Flash. Poop. Activity. Candy.

Jack has done a great job learning his letters and all their sounds. He had his numbers down, but we hadn't practiced them for a few weeks, so review was in order. He always struggles with recognizing 6, 7, 8, & 9 so I focused on those. 
Paper plate, clothes pins, and a marker was all we needed. 
I alternated the color of dots so it was easier for him to keep track of the numbers so they didn't seem to blend together. 
This was also an easy way to help out his fine motor skills, again.
Good practice and review.
Nice work boy!
"And then when we are done, we can turn him into a spider named Flash Jack Spider.  Now can I have some candy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment