Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Spinner Skills

Afton needs to practice her next list of sight words from her kindergarten teacher. She gave me the list a few weeks ago, and Afton just doesn't want to try to practice them unless "Mrs. Higley quizzes me herself."

Well, WHATEVER then girl.

But to somehow trick her into practicing them, I thought I would make a fun spinning wheel. She knows a lot of the words are the 2nd list already, but there are a few that really need good old fashioned practice.


I used my leftover pizza box lid from dinner last night, poked a hole in the center. This thick cardboard will help the paper plate spin easier.  Poked a hole in the paper plate, placed the tiny brad, and decided which words she needs to practice.

I made one for Jack too, because he will love this. Plus he wants whatever Afton has, (just not a pink one.)

I plan on using these spinning "things", for lack of a better term, with all kinds of skills such as number recognition, math facts, 2D & 3D shapes, word families, opposites, etc. The fun thing will be to have the babies actually make the plates on their own next time. That's even more practice of that specific skill, plus writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment