Sunday, November 16, 2014

"America, the Beautiful"

"Mom, remember that one time last year (last weekend) when I was in that helicopter and I shot down that military airplane? Remember the one that was across the street (tarmac) and all the people were climbing in it to make sure it was okay? Remember how I was protecting our country to help us be safe and free? REMEMBER MOM?"


I had to explain to Jack that although he was in the military helicopter, he did not actually shoot down a plane. He just gave me a frustrated look and said, "Well, I was still helping people be safe and free. Ugh Mom."

I'm glad that he was so proud to help people be safe and free. I hope his love for others, and their safety remains with him always. I also hope his love for this country is as strong as it was that day. 

We had a lot of fun at the Aviation Nation this Veteran's Day Weekend. My brother and his family invited us, basically because they wanted to use our military access to get on the base, but it was okay being used. It was worth it, because it made us go to air show, and it really was a great experience.


I was amazed at the machinery these brave men and women use to help us stay safe and have the freedoms that we have, that I know I take for granted. I was impressed by their love for country. I was thankful for the spirit of brotherhood, patriotism, and unity that was felt there. 


I am so thankful for these heroic men and women. They commit so much of themselves to serve and protect this great country. I appreciate how they help us be safe and free. I'll always remember them, both past, present, and future. I hope I can instill in my children a love for the United States of America and for all those who serve, especially their Daddy.

"O beautiful for heroes prov'd
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life.


America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine."



This needs to be said, however. This sign and it's clarity explain basically every experience I have when dealing with the base, be it in the hospital, DEERS, security, the BX, or Tricare. Everything is always unclear, and no one seems to know how to help me. But, I am still thankful for their service to protect our nation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment