Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy 8th Month

I'm behind on posting this. But I'm determined to not screw up this monthly update, like I ruined my "Quotes from Afton and Jack" after only 6 months in 2013. (I blame my pregnancy with THIS happy little 8 month old. Since she made me so nauseous the first few months, I couldn't do a single thing other than focusing on not throwing up or killing someone. Then after that got better, bed rest happened.)
Anyhow, I'm NOT going to screw this up (Even though our house is a disaster area, we're homeless, and there really is no finish date currently in mind. But that's a whole other post.) I will finish what I set out to do for the first months/years/decades :) of her life.
This month was a "I'm going to prove my mommy wrong" kind of month. Which is okay. I just have ANOTHER strong willed, confident, determined daughter on my hands.
Two days after her 7 month post, where I said "She still hates tummy time, so she won't be crawling or scooting anytime soon," she decided it was finally time. She just wanted to make me put my foot in my mouth. She now scoots on her tummy to things, but mostly it's backwards. She doesn't scream at tummy time anymore and she is so close to being an actual crawler, I thinks it's really only days away. She is quite impressive in the plank position, unlike her mommy. 
She seems like she waves to people, but it's always with both arms. She may just be really excited to see everyone, hence the out of control arms, but I'm going to count it as a wave. 
She had her two bottom front teeth come in, finally. No vampire teeth like Afton, proving me wrong again. Those teeth caused many tears for her, and me as well. Rough days, rough nights for us. No eating for her, but me overeating. I despise teething, but I think she does even more.
She is very smiley, except when her teeth hurt. She can still melt anyone's heart with her sweet little grin. On top of smiling all the time, she's added sticking out her tongue and making silly spitting & slurping sounds too.
She is very particular about what she wants. She only likes a certain bottle, certain binkie, certain way to be fed, certain way to be held, certain type of jammies, now that's it's cold (No sleep sacks, must have fuzzy footy jammies). She is quite decisive in what she wants and I can only imagine what this means for years to come. 
It's okay because, basically, we love everything this little girl does.
She's definitely LOVED. That's the truth. She can't prove me wrong on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment