Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Return and Report

I love to see my kids' faces as they return back into my loving arms after their first day of school. It's never the same and it's usually pretty comical.

I also love their personalized reports of the day. One child always filled with lots of detail and the other a man of simple explanations.

But most of all, they love to share all about it while enjoying a special treat. So do I.

We couldn't return to our usual spot this year, thanks Navy. But we found a new little place to relax, recap, and report, all while enjoying decadent chocolates. Amy's Decadent Chocolates that is.

I say, "How was your day my big, sweet girl?"

She responds with a deep breath, "Mom. I just don't know about my teacher. She is nice and all, but just way too nice. The kids were not listening at all. She had no control. One kid she had to ask him to stop so many times and then she never followed through on her consequences. Her classroom management was just not there!"

I smiled as she said this to me. The other parent who I was chatting with, that happens to be a substitute in the area, was in shock. He said to me chuckling, "What child knows about classroom management?"


I say, "How was your day my handsome, smart boy?"

He says, "Good."

"How was your teacher?"

"Nice."

"Did you make a friend?"

"Four."

"Do you like where you sit?"

"I think so. Oh, I beat some kids at tether ball."


"I missed you sissy and bruhyer."


Amy's Decadent Chocolates


Jack - 2nd Grade - Mrs. Cummings
Afton - 3rd Grade - Mrs. Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment