Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Creeps or Fairies

I know 2 roads in this town. 1st: The road to Target and Costco. 2nd: The road that takes you to the ferries.

So far, I'm pretty proud of myself about that.

On the first road, I always see a sign for a children's park that looks like it leads directly into a dark, dreary grove of trees where there most definitely is not a park, but instead creeps hiding out waiting to attack.

But, this morning, I was determined to see what this park really had to offer.

Turns out, there were no creeps hiding out waiting to attack, but instead a group of retired men and women who come every Wednesday to maintain this adorable children's garden that is "Home to a number of magical fairies."

When this sweet lady started talking about the fairies that live here, my oldest, who is 8 beamed. It was as if she went back in time to her obsession with fairies when she was 3. She started talking about a book she had read back, "When I was much younger," that told her all about them - their names, what they like to eat,  their personalities, the best time of night & month to catch/spot one (full moon if you're wondering.) She was so excited to talk about it with her baby sister and Jocy became quickly as gitty as her big sister was. 

"Mom, I'm sure I still have some of my fairy dust in my box of knick knacks from my room. When do we get our stuff? I want to bring Jocy here for that so she can find one like I used to. I was the best at it."

Thankful for fairies and not creeps. 

And did I mention that these NOT creepy people let us pick and take home some fresh green beans too?

Bummer is I don't have a kitchen to really prepare them properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment