Friday, February 3, 2017

Watershed Moments

Sometimes there are those moments where you wish everything would just stop.

Where you wish you could stay in this perfect little life, always enjoying the feeling you feel right then and there.

Where you wonder about so many things, looking to the future, reflecting on lessons learned in the past, and trying to enjoy every moment you possibly can in the present.

Where you recommit to being a better mother to them no matter what it takes - a watershed moment, in my opinion. 

They happen to be more often now since becoming a mom (going on almost 8 years now), but my most recent one was last week while enjoying donuts - one of life's simplest pleasures.

As I stood there watching my kids eat, (there are never any seats at this donut place other than a little table that has a spot for 4 with built in seats, but one is broken so I always have to stand - long story short) perfectly in the light I wanted to capture my 3 babes.

I wanted time to stop. Stop right then and there.

Jocelyn - What in the world will you be when you grow up? You're shy and timid at times, but still fearless when you choose to be. Will you always have a huge heart, willing to share, and say the cutest things? When you've outgrown naps, I'll miss the feeling I get every time I go in to get you. You look up at me and smile, so overjoyed that I'm there. Then you embrace me with the warmest hug, while you love and pat my back. Will you always have a sense of adventure, and love to party? Will that cause you (and me) heartache in your teen years? Will you always be okay with being referred to as the baby? Because my girl, you always will be. 


Jack - What will you look like when you have all of your teeth? You haven't had those teeth for so long, and that sweet smile is what I love most about you. One eye is always more open in pictures, thanks to the help of our friendly dog bite at age 17 months. What would you look like without the help of plastic surgery? Still handsome as ever, I know without a doubt. As you get older, will you still give me hugs and kisses? Will you still recognize when I'm feeling down, and turn on the charm to fix it? Will you still tell me, "Sweet dreams Mommy. I miss you already," when you're too old to be tucked in? Will you always remain my tender and loving little boy? Will you love your wife with all your heart like you do your Mommy now?



Afton - You were so excited about the day, having a substitute in your class because Ms. Day had requested that you assist the sub in any way she needed. You loved that responsibility she placed on your shoulders and trust she showed in you. You were confident that you yourself could "run the classroom smoothly," but understood your role as an assistant. Will you always have a love to serve, with all of your abilities and efforts? Will you always have a love for education and continue to push yourself to learn more than what is expected of you? Will you always find ways to make others happy and want to set an obedient example? Will you remember as life gets more challenging, that I'm here for you no matter what? 



Dear Time,

      Please stop. I would appreciate it greatly. My children are perfect in this exact moment. Thanks for your consideration with this sincere request. 

      If you choose that you (TIME) should continue to pass as you always have, I understand. But please help me to be the best Mom I can be, so watershed moments, like these are ones of pure joy and pride. 

             Thanks so much for your time,  
                                  Mom to these 3 kids


P.S. Pardon the pun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment