Sunday, October 23, 2016

San Diego

So we went to San Diego.

We did the SEAL tour. This 90 minute tour was fun, I guess. But, I sure am glad kids were free in the month of October, because I would have been angry if I spent money for them on it. I expected more, but oh well.

Afton said it was okay. Jack was bored because he didn't see enough animals. Jocelyn smiled a lot so I'll consider that as a win.


After the tour, we went on the carousel. That is always a crowd favorite! I love seeing their excitment just before they get on the ride. Giddy about what horse/animal they want to ride on for those magical 3-5 minutes. This ride was better than the last 90 minute one we took.


Next, we took Grandma Jones to the Mormon Batallion Historic Site. We forgot how long this tour was, and we were worried that our babies wouldn't last, but they did. It helped that Grandma got all dressed up as a soldier and my babes remembered how fun it was when they get to pan for gold. I love going because it's always inspiring to hear that amazing story of those brave men and women who helped to settle this area, along with all the struggles they endured.


We ended the night eating at a yummy restaurant, that "looked like Book of Life," according to my Jack boy. (I still wish my babes would have let me have this theme for their Halloween costumes - I'll never get over it.)

So, we did San Diego. Honestly though, if I'm not going to a baseball game the next time, then I don't need to go back. Too crowded. Too much traffic. Too hot. I know that I'm going against most people in the world, but I just think there are better places to visit in sunny southern California.

Am I being a stinker? This is where my kids get it from. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment