Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Through the Years

I'm realizing a sad fact.

When I was busy teaching, my babies were not photographed.

That's because...
1- I was too busy being a good teacher, and not a good mom. (I'm ashamed.)

2 - I didn't have a nice phone with a camera I guess, so I didn't take pictures.

3 - My sugar was the stay-at-home daddy and he doesn't have a love for pictures like I do.

4 - I wasn't on Facebook or Instagram because I couldn't find the time to do anything other than being a mom when I got the chance, along with lesson planning, grading papers, and all that other teaching drama.

As I'm scrolling through pictures on my phone of past Halloween memories, I see none of Afton's first - an adorable butterfly - or second Halloween  - a sweet little ladybug.  That also means there are no pictures of Jack's first Halloween - the cutest little monkey you've ever seen - that I can find either. I'm sick to my stomach about it. Ugh.

So I'll hopefully always remember those cute first years, and enjoy all the pictures I actually do have from 2012, and the themes, up until now, 2016.

2012- Birds theme { Peacock & Owl }


2013 - Store bought theme because Mommy was on bed rest { Queen Afton & Captain America }


2014 - Maleficent theme { Crow, Sleeping Beauty - Aurora, Young Maleficent }



2015 - Lego Movie theme { Wild Style, Emmet, Unikitty, Batman, & Wonder Woman }

2016 - Break your mom's heart because you won't agree to a theme theme { Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, & Luke Skywalker Episode 7 version }

Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment: