Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Playing with Patterns

In preschool, Jack is learning about patterns. We just finished a shapes with patterns homework page and it was lunch time. I was determined to continue his learning, even if I have to trick him into doing it with food! SUCCESS!!!

I grabbed some toothpicks, cheese, turkey, and hard salami.

Sneaking some food already.

He got to decide what pattern he wanted to make while we practiced saying each piece of the pattern out loud. (This was also good practice to help build his fine motor skills some more - it's so hard being left handed.)

"Cheese, salami, cheese, salami."


At the end, he threw on some Turkey and explained, "I put it on just cuz I wanted it on, but I know it's not part of my pattern. It just tastes yummy like that."


"This was a fun lunch mommy! Thanks."


My patterned food!

No comments:

Post a Comment