Monday, September 8, 2014

I melted.

This has been a busy time in all of our lives. With so much going on, it's no wonder I'm consuming so much Dr. Pepper. I mean, way too much Dr. Pepper.

This morning was Jack's first day of Preschool. He got up early, like usual. Ate breakfast quickly, very unusual. And was ready to go with time to spare. Afton helped him double check all of the things he needs to take care of using our "Morning Routine Backpacks." Then, said kindly, "Wow Jack. You did a great job."



He smiled.

She smiled.

I melted.


We took his picture and talked about what he should do in class as we drove there. Afton reminded him, "Smile. Help Mrs. Bahati. Keep your hands to yourself. Learn your letters. And of course, listen to your body. No accidents in preschool." (With her around, there really is no need for me.)

As we were walking in, he kept talking about how much he loves his backpack. It's the little things, right?

We got to the classroom door, and it opened. I pictured two scenarios. 

1. He's going to cry. He's going cling to me. He's going to tell me he loves me and doesn't want me to go. He's going to break my heart.

Or...

2. He's going to go in without a worry. He's going to smile. He's going to look back at me and tell me he loves me and that's it's alright for me to go. He's going to melt my heart.

He did the latter. 

He smiled, gave me a kiss, began to walk in, then turned and said "I love you Mom."

I melted again. Then made him come and give me another kiss.

After I picked him up, his teachers told me he had a great day and is such a sweet boy. (Duh!)

He told me all about his day, "I had a good day. We didn't even color or make anything. Nobody played with me. I think it's because they don't like my hair.           (Long pause)           But then wait, I did play with Sabrion. I forgot. Oh yeah, and we painted. Oh and I pooped and wiped it ALL by myself. It was a pretty good day. How was your day mom? I missed you a lot."

I melted.




No comments:

Post a Comment