Thursday, May 4, 2017

M is for Moana

This freaking movie.
My girl loves it and I love her.

Sings it all the time and it gets stuck in my head.

Wants to watch it all the time, and I have to break her heart from time to time by telling her no.

So I'm going to use that love to help her learn another letter because come on girl, learn them already. 

M is for Moana, Maui, mountains, moon, and momma made this boat.
To the tune of "How Far I'll Go"

"I've been teachin' letters to my daughter
Long as I can remember
Never really knowing why

I wish that she would just remember
Any of the freakin' letters
No matter how hard I try

Everyday I make, Everyday I pin
Everything I try, but I just can't win
One day it will show, this I know
Just get where I want you to be.

See the alphabet, the letters A to Z
I worry
One day it'll show, this I know

If the things that I do start to sink, I'll be happy
One day I'll know
Keep it up and there's just no telling how far she'll go

I know Jocelyn, my pretty girl's so happy, my pretty girl,
Everything will come in time
I know Jocelyn, learnin' at her own pace, my pretty girl learnin'
Really, I know she'll be fine.

She will learn in time, it will come along.
I'll be satisfied If I just hold strong.
But my voice inside is makin' up songs.
What is wrong with me?

See the alphabet, the letters A to Z
I worry
One day it'll show, this I know.

I'm calling it quits here on parodying the song.

And if you are not able to sing this song to the tune of the original, then you are probably a far better parent than I, as you don't allow your child to watch the movie over and over. (Or you don't even own a radio either... another viable explanation.) Either way, I hope this song will one day be stuck in your head, just like I hope one day the letters of the alphabet will be stuck in my girl's head.    Fingers crossed!






No comments:

Post a Comment