Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pretty Ironic Award

"Mom, come on. Mom,  I don't want to be late."

"Seriously, let's go."

"Mrs. Bahati said that we have to be there on time because it's a special day."

"Ahhhhhh Mom. Hurry up!"

Needless to say this dude was excited about getting to his preschool awards ceremony. He reminded me many times that he had to dress handsome and be on time. 

Dressed Handsome - CHECK!

On time - CHECK!

I knew what to expect when we arrived because Afton had just attended this same preschool the year before. We knew they went all out for this special occasion. Complete with our red carpet, our own table, yummy lunch, lots of treats, and a special display of student work. 


Jack's project was great!
He wants to be a professional skateboarder when he grows up.

Daddy made it lunch!

"These are special Skittles sorted by colors. See. Marshawn Lynch would LOVE this."

But the most important part of this day was all of the recognition of each student's accomplishments through out the year. And my boy accomplished a bunch!


He earned the Outstanding Student award for learning all of his letters, their sounds, and mastering many sight words.


He also earned the Great Story Teller award.
Mrs. Bahati said, "I just love when Jack comes back from vacation because he always tells us all about what he did. He makes me feel like I was right there with him because he uses so much detail and emotion!"

Another award was one that made me giggle a bit.
"Jack is being presented with the Most Patient Award. He will sit quietly and wait for instruction, he will be patient with his classmates if they are not making the best choices, and he will be patient when it is time to be dismissed even if he sees his baby sister and Mom outside. He is a great example of patience for his classmates."
I giggled not because I didn't think that he didn't truly earn this award in the classroom, but because of the morning we had had.
"MOM, LET"S GO!!!!!!!!! Are you ready yet? Come on!!!!"

"This is exactly what I have wanted for my whole life. My very own special gold trophy." 



Jocelyn and I are proud of our boy and all of his hard work this year in preschool. 
Yay Jack!

So is Grandma Jones!

But I think Mrs. Bahati is equally as proud as me. She just loved my boy and cried when she talked about his leaving her for kindergarten.  I know what it is like to have special students in your classroom. I am so thankful that my boy was a special one to his very first teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment