Monday, July 27, 2015

About to POP Baby Shower

This is my third baby shower since having my compassionate service leader calling. I love putting them together because I get to obsess over little details throughout my days, and nights, much like I used to do with lesson planning for my classroom. (Salerno and Bojorquez remember my frequent texts that came regularly around midnight!)

This one was a bit more challenging because I had some help. Why more challenging if I had help? Well, because I had to ask for very specific things to be purchased, made, placed all to have it perfect. I was forced to openly share some of neurotic behaviors with others.  When I'm just doing it on my own, no one knows how crazy I am, except maybe my Sugar.

My friends Cori, Joann and Tacyu, offered to buy food and Gina, offered her home for the baby shower.  Sweet gestures and I'm thankful for the kindness but I know without a doubt they all look at me a bit differently now.  Some 200 texts later, and very specific texts to be exact about just what I wanted the party to look like (an exact replica of what was in my head),  I bet they are happy it's over. Ha!

I recognize that I'm a "crazy-attention-to detail-try-not-to-use-pinterest-theme-driven-must-be-perfect" kind of party planner.  And I would be totally lying if I said that I was trying to tone it down. Because, I'm not. I used to put this sort of energy into my classroom, and now, it goes into keeping my children happy during the day -  both learning and playing, BUT also into my parties. My Sugar thinks I'm nuts, but he thinks that about me for many reasons. He still loves me though so that's a good thing.

It was a fun party.  I'm super thankful for all the sweet friends who helped me put it together. The guest of honor,  Courtney really enjoyed it and that's really all that matters. 

Now to begin planning my son's 5th birthday party! 

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES! 

Congrats Courtney. We are all excited to meet baby Levi.

No comments:

Post a Comment