Monday, August 5, 2013

Daddy Daughter Date from June 7th, 2013

Every time we drive up the strip past the MGM hotel, Afton automatically starts talking about this special night she had with her daddy. "Mom, it was so fun. We ate at a yummy place... I got to do... I heard this song in the truck while driving...  I wore the prettiest dress... Daddy opened the doors for me... Jack, you didn't do any of this because it was just Daddy and me." She had wanted this night for a couple of weeks. She had a hard time when Jack and Daddy had gone on their 2nd Father-Son's Camping trip. She was determined to get her own special night with her daddy, and she asked about it relentlessly until it actually happened. So I am going to let Afton retell that special night as she sees these pictures. 

"Daddy was driving us and taking our cute picture while stopped at a light. I just love going in the truck." 
(In actuality, this is in our driveway. But, no big deal! Still a cute picture.)
"We went to MGM for our special night. We went there first and saw this lion. He doesn't eat the flowers because he is not real."
"We took pictures here too, but there was only one picture that was cute. This was it. The gorilla was ginormous. Jack you might love this place. It's like a zoo. All the animals look real, but they aren't, so you don't have to worry about one of them eating your face off."
"Like Deuce did," said Jack.
"Yeah, these ones won't get you. So, you are safe!"
"I am sucking 2 straws with juice in one and water in the other. So crazy huh?"
"These are my most favorite dinners in the world. I got macaroni and cheese and cheese sticks. They tasted so yummy. You should take us there tonight for dinner mom." (Daddy said she had like 3 bites and mostly wasted her food, which is odd because she is usually a good little eater. He said that it was a pretty expensive dinner, but it was ok, because he was with his girl.)
"OK,  here we took another picture. These fish were really pretty."
"Then Daddy took me to Old McDonald's and we got ice cream. He got a chocolate dipped one and I got a regular one. Can you see I got a little messy. But only a little."
"Last we went to see The Croods in 3D. I liked it when the little monkey, who belonged to the boyfriend said, 'Duh, Duh, Duhhhhhhhhh!' It was so funny! Brother, I am soooooooo sorry you had to miss this night. But I am sure you will have at least one fun night once in your life. You are still a baby, so don't worry."
He responded crying, "I am NOT a baby!"

I am so glad that my girl was able to have this special night with her daddy. She talks about it constantly with the biggest smile on her face each time; can't wait for her and her daddy to make more memories together as she gets older. 

Well, I take it back. I can wait. She is getting too big too fast

No comments:

Post a Comment