Monday, August 5, 2013

It's SLIME Time!

As a child from the 80s, when I hear the word SLIME, I automatically think of 2 shows!

1-  
and
2-  

I used to love watching people get "slimed" on Nickelodeon as a kid. I always thought it would be fun to go on DOUBLE DARE and make it to the final round. I knew for sure I would win, much like Uncle Rico if he was just given the chance! "We would have taken state for sure. No doubt in my mind."


This morning, my babies wanted to make their own slime. With the help of Pinterest and 36th Avenue, we found a recipe and were able to do it. They had so much fun getting "slimed."

It turned out kind of chunky, not exactly what I expected, but it was still a hit for my babies, and me as well. 



Picture via The 36th Avenue
What you need:
1 bottle Elmer’s Glitter Glue
1 Cup Water
1 tsp. Borax
1 Tb Water

1. Mix 1 tsp. Borax and 1 Cup water.

2. Empty the Glitter Glue into a bowl. 

3. Add 1 TB. Water to the glue and mix it together.

4. Pour the Borax mixture inside of the bowl.  Mix and smush with hands and voila you have glitter slime!




No comments:

Post a Comment